It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:04

Best way to paint these ?

Help with choosing the right coloured milkpaint to slather all over your new project.

Re: Best way to paint these ?

Postby TrimTheKing » 18 Oct 2019, 11:26

RogerS wrote:Would you guys take them up on their offer to redo ?

What are your other options Roger, have them redo on the proviso their gaffer oversees it and makes sure it's right, or bin them? If so it would make sense to have them redone rather than lose out...
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Jonathan » 18 Oct 2019, 11:30

I collected this MR MDF on Wednesday....the sprayer knew it was to have a hand painted job on top of his work so he didn't need to be 100%

Just incase it's a price thing......I pay 35€ m2 this includes 1 primer coat and 1 top coat.....for your ovals I would expect to pay between 5 and 10€ per unit

I would make them do it again....what have you got to lose? Image

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
Jonathan
Sapling

Name:

Postby Mike G » 18 Oct 2019, 12:15

RogerS wrote:Would you guys take them up on their offer to redo ?

Yes. It's a freebie, in that the alternative is to bin them. So you have nothing to lose.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby Robert » 18 Oct 2019, 12:23

Don't think I'd let them near them again after that but then I'm used to spraying things myself.

Spraying over dirt and dust is lazy bad but paint runs and drips shows really bad spraying skills.

So how hard is that paint? can it be sanded back to salvage the parts?
Robert
Old Oak

Name: Robert

Postby RogerS » 18 Oct 2019, 12:44

Robert wrote:Don't think I'd let them near them again after that but then I'm used to spraying things myself.

Spraying over dirt and dust is lazy bad but paint runs and drips shows really bad spraying skills.

So how hard is that paint? can it be sanded back to salvage the parts?

Still very soft, Rod.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby will1983 » 18 Oct 2019, 15:11

If I had already paid I would definitely get them to do those again! I cant believe they actually tried to give you those as a finished product!

If the result they end up with still isn't acceptable then complain again and ask for your money back (incl the CNC costs!).

That bit about not being joiners so not sanding timber is just cr*p, they are sprayers and that means sanding regardless of the material!
Everyone who has ever picked up a spray gun knows that spraying should really be called sanding as that is where the majority of the time goes! The spraying bit is just the last 10% of the day!

Let us all know what happens, I for one am very interested to see what their next move is. If you still have issues - Name and Shame!
Check out my Instagram account cheshire_cats_workshop for more stuff I have been working on.
Cheshire Cats Workshop Website
will1983
New Shoots

Name:

Previous

Return to Finishing