It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:13

Bizarre printer behaviour!

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Bizarre printer behaviour!

Postby Woodbloke » 19 Jan 2020, 17:20

We bought a HP Envy 5032 printer last year which a couple of weeks ago suddenly refused to print properly, leaving three or four clear lines 'twixt each line of text (and I checked the print settings on the doc before hitting 'print'.) I struggled for almost a whole day to get the thing to print properly; I reinstalled all the software, downloaded the latest driver settings from t'interweb, changed the black cartridge, 'phoned Apple in desperation (stoney ground) all do no avail...bloody thing was still behaving stupidly :twisted: :twisted: .

I said to SWIMBO that somat's gone AWOL with it and we need to get a new one. She was happy with that but yesterday she decided to have one last go at printing something and to her and my amazement, it was printing correctly.

I have no idea why it started to behave itself, but it appears to be working fine, so we're both happy bunnies :D
I should say that the computer is turned 'off' every night so maybe the printer needed a bit of quiet time to get it's act together? - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Re: Bizarre printer behaviour!

Postby DaveL » 19 Jan 2020, 18:43

Maybe it heard the threat of buying a new one to replace it.
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Postby RogerS » 19 Jan 2020, 18:45

Getting confused as to 'paper type' ?
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 19 Jan 2020, 21:59

I have an HP printer that if it gets it's knickers in a twist will go off to the interweb and fire up an analytical programme and usually sorts itself out.
Usually power cycling sorts it. It is normally powered up 24/7 and wireless connected on the home network but sleeps most of the time waking up to see if there is any work to do every few mins.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby MY63 » 19 Jan 2020, 23:00

Rob if you don't mind me asking why were you phoning Apple about an H P printer ?
The first rule of tech support is after three "have you tried turning it off and on again" :lol: well someone had to say it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8
MY63
Old Oak

Name: Michael

Postby Woodbloke » 20 Jan 2020, 09:27

9fingers wrote:I have an HP printer that if it gets it's knickers in a twist will go off to the interweb and fire up an analytical programme and usually sorts itself out.
Usually power cycling sorts it. It is normally powered up 24/7 and wireless connected on the home network but sleeps most of the time waking up to see if there is any work to do every few mins.

Bob

Nope, this one is connected by an 'old skool' cable to the iMac and as I mentioned, the whole system gets shut down at night, so maybe it was having some quiet time to contemplate it's navel :D

MY63 wrote:Rob if you don't mind me asking why were you phoning Apple about an H P printer ?

Really just to check that I wasn't doing anything stupid with the 'puter (it has been known :D ) - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat