It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:50

Skripal and the BBC

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Skripal and the BBC

Postby TrimTheKing » 21 Jun 2020, 13:08

Now I don’t necessarily buy into all of this, but everyone agrees that a few things don’t ring true.

What day you Rob? You have a military background and live there, I imagine you have as good, if not better knowledge than most.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/06/19/5-f ... o-mention/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Re: Skripal and the BBC

Postby RogerS » 21 Jun 2020, 13:12

Oooh...I love good conspiracy.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby SamQ aka Ah! Q! » 21 Jun 2020, 13:26

Dear Deity...tinfoil hat anyone?

Sam
A pragmatist inside a perpetual optimist, heavily influenced by an experienced cynic, wrapped around by an aging relic.
SamQ aka Ah! Q!
Old Oak

Name: Sam

Postby Woodbloke » 21 Jun 2020, 13:52

TrimTheKing wrote:Now I don’t necessarily buy into all of this, but everyone agrees that a few things don’t ring true.

What day you Rob? You have a military background and live there, I imagine you have as good, if not better knowledge than most.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/06/19/5-f ... o-mention/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We saw the series of three programmes Mark and thought it made excellent TV viewing. Bear in mind that the Gaurdian is a left wing rag so what's printed in there needs to be taken with a very large pinch of sodium chloride.
It was a strange time in the city but too be fair, it didn't appear to stop the tourists (perhaps a gnats) as Salisbury was now definitely 'on the map'. Shortly after things got back to normal, I was in town and came across a group of Japanese tourists (complete with enormous cameras) trudging morosely towards the spot where the Skipral's collapsed, so I stopped and had a natter with the group leader, mentioned the poisonings and pointed to the exact spot where the bench once was. When she explained this to the group, they were instantly wide awake and the camera shutters made a hell of a racket! :lol: I parted by telling them not to pick anything up from the ground! :lol:
There was mention in the programme that he was a away for weeks at a time, so my supposition is that he was still 'active' and working for HMG in which case he knew the risks, as was also mentioned - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 21 Jun 2020, 13:59

I understand all that Rob, and as I say I haven’t looked into this, but if what the article says is true about all the omissions then it begs questions if nothing else, surely,,,
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Postby Woodbloke » 21 Jun 2020, 15:33

TrimTheKing wrote:I understand all that Rob, and as I say I haven’t looked into this, but if what the article says is true about all the omissions then it begs questions if nothing else, surely,,,

It occurred to me that the BBC must have had to submit their script to the Security Services for vetting. Bearing in mind that much of the event is shrouded in secrecy and covered by the Official Secrets Act, the Beeb probably had one arm tied behind their collective backs and had to make 'alterations' :eusa-whistle: to the script in line with the Security Service's 'recommendations', so what we saw was bloody good viewing with areas that they had to leave out or deliberately smudge over - Rob
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 21 Jun 2020, 15:51

Yep understandable, should then be clearly stated that it isn’t ‘factual’ then, or at least not ‘all’ of the facts.

The sad state of the world as it is, as seen on Facebook and the media generally, is that soooooo much is believed by so many, regardless of the level of truth to it.
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Postby Woodbloke » 21 Jun 2020, 16:41

TrimTheKing wrote:Yep understandable, should then be clearly stated that it isn’t ‘factual’ then, or at least not ‘all’ of the facts.

The sad state of the world as it is, as seen on Facebook and the media generally, is that soooooo much is believed by so many, regardless of the level of truth to it.

It's as close to the actual truth as we're going to get, nonetheless it did give a very good account of the overall atmosphere in the town at the time.

Very shortly after the Skripal's collapsed I went into the town on the velocipede for a good goof; this was before they erected green hoardings around the site. On one side of the Maltings there's a river and on the opposite bank there's a gym and the city library, with a foot bridge crossing from one side to the other. I stopped outside the gym and spoke to a very decorative young lady who'd been in the gym and saw the Skripals collapse. She mentioned that she had thought in odd and was about to go and help, but had second thoughts and didn't. I then said that had she helped them, she might have got infected with Novichock and already be past helping. She agreed - Rob
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 21 Jun 2020, 16:44

Hmmmm, I'm still struggling with a couple of the omissions though, if indeed true. Why completely omit the first people to attend the the Skripals? Why completely omit two people who were military and had a significant involvement?

I don't doubt there is a lot we don't and won't know, but surely in that case it's better not to put the programme out at all rather than with massive parts missing or made up? Otherwise just call it a work of entertainment 'loosely based' on the actual happenings.
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Postby Woodbloke » 21 Jun 2020, 16:55

TrimTheKing wrote:Hmmmm, I'm still struggling with a couple of the omissions though, if indeed true. Why completely omit the first people to attend the the Skripals? Why completely omit two people who were military and had a significant involvement?

I don't doubt there is a lot we don't and won't know, but surely in that case it's better not to put the programme out at all rather than with massive parts missing or made up? Otherwise just call it a work of entertainment 'loosely based' on the actual happenings.

On both counts, the BBC were probably told not to, for reasons best known to the Security Services. I've been vetted when I worked for the MoD (everyone is) and the amount of past detail they go into is incredible (especially for very sensitive 'eyes only' grades) so I have no doubt the omission(s) were intentional and deliberate - Rob
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 21 Jun 2020, 17:09

Again, I understand that, but that information is already in the public domain, the family who discovered them the little girl got a public award for Pete's sake! Strikes me that it's been made to show it in a certain light so would have been best just to not bother making it at all.

Just seems to me to be yet another manipulation of information to the detriment of the people, and putting it more strongly, this (and plenty of other Governments) lying to us yet again. I really do despise the mainstream media, you might have guessed.
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Postby RogerS » 21 Jun 2020, 17:41

TrimTheKing wrote:... Strikes me that it's been made to show it in a certain light so would have been best just to not bother making it at all.

:text-+1:
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Andyp » 22 Jun 2020, 09:58

can't wait for " Kung Flu...Covid-10 The True Story"
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby firedfromthecircus » 26 Jun 2020, 20:48

Woodbloke wrote:I have no doubt the omission(s) were intentional and deliberate - Rob

Which begs the question why would our government and security services want to lie to us?

If it's just a simple tale of Russia trying eliminate a traitor, and doing it here because that's where he is, why would they lie? :eusa-think:
firedfromthecircus
Seedling

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat