It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:05

And so we wait ....

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

And so we wait ....

Postby RogerS » 07 Sep 2020, 14:15

…as one can take all the precautions in terms of taking care where you go, social distancing etc but it only takes just one stupid woman. :evil:

LOML and I had back-to-back dental check-ups this morning. LOML at 9.20, me at 9.40. She goes in for hers and comes out to go and do a bit of shopping while I’m having my check-up. I wait to be called. I wait some more. Lots of panicking. Thirty minutes later I’m told that the dental nurse in the surgery with LOML had had a Covid test and that they had just rung to tell her that she (the dental nurse) had tested positive ! WTF? :o

It poses several questions. Something must have prompted her to get tested. And so why the hell was she going into work until the results came in? Did she tell the surgery of the test? If so then why the hell didn’t the surgery tell her not to come in?

So we wait. Fingers crossed.

A seriously hacked off Roger.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: And so we wait ....

Postby TrimTheKing » 07 Sep 2020, 14:19

That's unfortunate mate, fingers crossed for you.

It entirely possible the surgery test everyone weekly so it could just have been random. I know my dentist is testing all staff weekly as we discussed it when I was last in.
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Rod » 07 Sep 2020, 15:51

I went for a check up and hygienist a few weeks ago. The room was deep cleaned after each appointment and they all wore PPE.
Happily I had no ill effects.
My wife is going next week.

The Medics in my family all have weekly covid tests but that doesn’t mean they are clear in between.
Hopefully your wife doesn’t get it and all you have to do will have a lockdown for 14days.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby RogerS » 07 Sep 2020, 15:58

Rod wrote:...
Hopefully your wife doesn’t get it and all you have to do will have a lockdown for 14days.

Rod

I hope so to. Interested to see if Track and Trace or whatever it's called contacts her. Anyway, looking at what they define as 'contact' it's all very vague. So fingers crossed. Besides, we still need to go out to get food.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Woodster » 07 Sep 2020, 21:36

Fingers crossed here as well Roger.
Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Postby MY63 » 07 Sep 2020, 22:27

Try not to worry Roger when my mum had a fall and was stuck on the floor of her apartment. I lay on the floor with her for about an hour, Then I helped the ambulance ladies pick her up and hugged her before they took her to hospital. When she tested positive I was told to isolate for two weeks which I did and never developed any symptoms. I hope you both stay well.
MY63
Old Oak

Name: Michael

Postby RogerS » 08 Sep 2020, 17:14

Well, nearly 48 hrs on and not a dicky bird from anyone. Not even the surgery which I think is pretty poor. OK....we're pretty much isolated and so not a big deal but the surgery opens at 8am. So a fair number of patients will have been seen before they got the results. Who knows what contact they have with others.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Woodbloke » 10 Sep 2020, 07:21

No.1 daughter rang us the other day saying that she'd been off work all week with 'flu like' symptoms. She took herself off for a test a few days ago and had the results back yesterday; all clear so an early dose of ordinary seasonal 'flu. We were quite relieved but from our discussion on the dog n'bone it didn't sound to me as though she had the classic signs of C19.

Fingers crossed for your missus Rog - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Re: And so we wait ....Good News!

Postby RogerS » 10 Sep 2020, 11:35

…the dental nurse in the surgery with my missus was NOT the one who has Covid. They have one Emily and two Ellies…names got mixed up and miscommunicated.

Emily felt ill on Saturday and had a Covid test. She then self-isolated while waiting for the result. The surgery also subsequently reviewed if any staff might have been in close-contact with her during the previous week while unmasked…for example, in the changing room. There were two nurses who were not 100% sure and so they were tested and found negative. Nevertheless they are self-isolating just in case.

The surgery was closed on the Tuesday and deep-cleaned.

Of course, all of the above had to be teased out after she’d ended reading from her prepared statement ! My constructive criticism was that they needed to improve their initial communication ! That way, it would save their patients worrying unnecessarily for three days.

Phew!
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Mike G » 10 Sep 2020, 12:26

That's good news, Roger. I'm pleased for you. It also sounds like the practice did all the right things, other than communicate clearly.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby RogerS » 10 Sep 2020, 13:16

Mike G wrote:That's good news, Roger. I'm pleased for you. It also sounds like the practice did all the right things, other than communicate clearly.

Thanks, Mike. Hopefully they'll take my comments onboard.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby SamQ aka Ah! Q! » 11 Sep 2020, 18:30

What in the name of Hades was in the "prepared statement" if it didn't address the central issue: who is positive and who were they in contact with?

There is the all-pervasive 'fear of litigation', there is 'political correctness' (haugh, haugh)..and then there is plain common sense.

Patently Roger, your practice mamager cannot think when sitting down, because of the locus of their grey matter!

Sam
A pragmatist inside a perpetual optimist, heavily influenced by an experienced cynic, wrapped around by an aging relic.
SamQ aka Ah! Q!
Old Oak

Name: Sam

Postby droogs » 12 Sep 2020, 10:12

Glad it is all clear for you and the missus m8
droogs
Old Oak

Name: Alan

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat