It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:03

Mobile data streaming issues

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Mobile data streaming issues

Postby RogerS » 15 Jun 2021, 07:32

Just a heads up in case anyone is experiencing the same issue.....most likely to be those in a more rural location.

I stream music to some Bluetooth Stihl ear-defenders when out in the garden strimming etc. Had a lot of problems with the audio stopping, restarting and generally misbehaving.

Bottom line - nothing at all to do with my end. Apparently quite a lot of the more remote/smaller mobile masts have very limited mobile data capacity and frequently hit 100% load. Now this won't be so much of a problem if you're just browsing...just takes a while for all the bits to come along. But if you're streaming then it's very noticeable. I'm with Three and until they improve their capacity, I now have my monthly contract of £26 a month reduced to £18.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: Mobile data streaming issues

Postby AJB Temple » 15 Jun 2021, 08:57

Interesting heads up.When5G appears presumably it will be worse?
Don't like: wood, engines, electrickery, decorating, tiling, laying stone, plumbing, gardening or any kind of DIY. Not wild about spiders either.
AJB Temple
Sequoia

Name:

Postby RogerS » 15 Jun 2021, 09:12

AJB Temple wrote:Interesting heads up.When5G appears presumably it will be worse?

Not necessarily as they will need to put in place new gear for 5G and so hopefully size it better to reflect the increased usage of mobile data.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 15 Jun 2021, 12:42

AJB Temple wrote:Interesting heads up.When5G appears presumably it will be worse?

Won't we all get that straight into our Government mandated microchips we got free with our COVID jabs?
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat