• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Recent content by NickM

  1. N

    Cased frame sliding sashes with hand tools

    That looks great.
  2. N

    Picture Frames

    I really like those.
  3. N

    Seven Heirlooms - Rear view!

    They look amazing Malc. Unbelievable that the cases aren’t the right size…
  4. N

    Hardest part of hand planing for me is planing edge square to face. Tips?

    This is the thing that often gets overlooked. If the face is twisted, you’ll get the impression that your edge is leaning one way in one place and the other way further along. Take some extra time to check that the face really is flat before moving on to the edge otherwise it will never be...
  5. N

    Clear Coloured Finish Recommendations

    I finished my sycamore table with Osmo Matt. I'd say it looks pretty natural. One of the problems with sycamore is that it does yellow with age, especially from exposure to sunlight. I'm not sure that any finish will stop that happening. Fortunately my table doesn't get any direct sun and...
  6. N

    Cased frame sliding sashes with hand tools

    I'm really enjoying this.
  7. N

    Does brass "work harden"?

    I don’t know if it’s your problem here, but brass does work harden. It’s possible to anneal (a heating process) it to soften it again. (I only know this because I do some target rifle shooting. The cartridge cases are brass and have to be re-sized after each firing. Without annealing, they will...
  8. N

    Cased frame sliding sashes with hand tools

    It’s very clear as far as I’m concerned.
  9. N

    Cased frame sliding sashes with hand tools

    It’s great to see how you’re going about this. Thanks for taking the time to share in such detail.
  10. N

    Seven Heirlooms - Rear view!

    That looks amazing!
  11. N

    Seven Heirlooms - Rear view!

    Looking great.
  12. N

    Cased frame sliding sashes with hand tools

    I’ll be following this closely. I’m going to have to do something similar later this year/early next. Thanks for sharing.
  13. N

    Patio table refurbishment

    That look great. What’s the green stuff on the ground around the patio? Can’t be grass - that only comes in brown these days doesn’t it? 😉
  14. N

    Glut of soft fruit.....tip for keeping fresh

    Makes sense. We had several hard frosts in May.
  15. N

    Glut of soft fruit.....tip for keeping fresh

    Thanks for the tip. Our soft fruit is way down on previous years. Not enough water I think (plus the raspberry beds could probably do with digging out and restarting). Hardly any apples coming in our little orchard either. I think late frosts might be the culprit.
Back
Top