• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Recent content by Pete Maddex

  1. Pete Maddex

    Pizza Hut

    My sons initials spell there christian names. Pete
  2. Pete Maddex

    Pizza Hut

    Being the only Peter Maddex in the country I (and the other Maddex’s) will always spell Maddex after telling someone my name. Pete
  3. Pete Maddex

    Knife handle help

    Grind them flush and epoxy the scales on, then grind to a comfortable shape. Add some steel in the gaps in the frame to adjust the balance. Pete
  4. Pete Maddex

    What I have fixed today

    Old English spangles, bar 6, etc they where the best of times. Pete
  5. Pete Maddex

    Knife handle help

    Steve, don't worry to much about peening the rivets over, the epoxy will hold everything in place. Your barn steel is probably stainless steel. Pete
  6. Pete Maddex

    Knife handle help

    Steve do you have any small engineering companies near you? They might have some brass rod or even brazing rod kicking about. Pete
  7. Pete Maddex

    Record SS...DUN

    If you file the back of the mouth you can go back to a thin iron. Pete
  8. Pete Maddex

    What I have fixed today

    Cleaned 4 carbs on my motorcycle, blocked pilot jets lots of crud in the jets and emulsion tubes, float bowls etc. It was only running on the choke before, I need to balance the carbs and reassemble the bike. Pete
  9. Pete Maddex

    Marking gauges/Stanley No80 give away. Now gone.

    Thanks Andy. Pete
  10. Pete Maddex

    Un Rabot de Menuisier

    The ripples are a result of the triangular grooves being cut at a slight angle to the plane, if you look down the sole you can see them as triangular grooves. I have a very long jointing plane that is the same, Goldberg if I remember correctly. Pete
  11. Pete Maddex

    Marking gauges/Stanley No80 give away. Now gone.

    Hi chaps I made these Padouk marking gauges years ago and as I have lots I have decided to give them away. Marking gauges by Pete Maddex, on Flickr Marking gauges by Pete Maddex, on Flickr They are Stanley 5061 clones in padouk and brass, they have knives instead of pins so you need two to...
  12. Pete Maddex

    Joint Practice

    How about a Camberwell carrot joint? Pete
  13. Pete Maddex

    Dare I - after last time: Parkside at Lidl

    I have loads of slotted screws, if you can’t find one pit the size on here and I will see if I have one. Pete
Back
Top