• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Jigsaw and bandsaw blades

Lurker

Old Oak
Joined
Nov 26, 2020
Messages
3,319
Reaction score
659
Location
Loughborough
Here’s some tools that I have made, over the years, from old blades.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0890.jpeg
    IMG_0890.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 2,475
Craig Salisbury":2vd8axg6 said:
Nice, i was going to ask at some point what people do with old bandsaw blades

I hang mine on a hook, waiting for them to come in useful!

Seriously though, that's a good reminder that all sorts of useful little tools can be made from old blades. I do have a left and right dovetail marker just like the one on the right hand side of your picture, Lurker.
 
I forget to keep mine and generally break them up for the wheely bin. Note to self; must do better :D - Rob
 
The middle five are all jigsaw blades, you don’t need to muck around hardening and tempering with them.
The one in the middle is a very narrow chisel and it is very useful.
 
If you want something a bit thicker than a Bandsaw blade, finding space for an old hardpoint saw blade can provide years of useful bits of material.
I have the remnants of one I use to make the odd blade out of, old Stanley knife blades are also a useful source.

This is one pattern of marking knife that I have made in the past although on reflection a basic bit of steel sandwiched between two Scales of wood would have lasted a lifetime anyway.
 
Back
Top