• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Link to BGHM German machinery safety guide PDF

Yes thanks Tom, it’s all in German of course but a lot of info from the pics can be gleaned, useful for me too for using my new sliding saw, it’s still all a bit counterintuitive and alien tbh.
Ian

Thanks for posting this. I'd not seen it before. It has some excellent tips in it. I do read German so that helps, though I had not come across some of the machinery and technique words before. Will read it properly over the weekend.

Yes thanks Tom, it’s all in German of course but a lot of info from the pics can be gleaned, useful for me too for using my new sliding saw, it’s still all a bit counterintuitive and alien tbh.
Ian
No bother Ian
It'd certainly be interesting to see the approach taken from someone who's done things "the old fashioned way"
across the pond, and ironing out the niggles of this with certain bells and whistles on your new slider...
that is doing things the hard way as per seen on the PDF, as
from looking at some posts on the SCM/Minimax owners group, forum (not the facebook ones)
it seems there's a few who've got pneumatic clamps rather than the standard hold downs.
The closest thing to slider use which I've actually watched might be ManorWood's or Marius Hornberger's channel,
and those vids haven't perhaps delved into things as much as one could.

Thanks for posting this. I'd not seen it before. It has some excellent tips in it. I do read German so that helps, though I had not come across some of the machinery and technique words before. Will read it properly over the weekend.

I haven't seen it mentioned before either Adrian
Seems once and a while you do get something back from arguing with Unisaw users who've still the impression their full length fences are safer.:)
(and apparently no-one makes a decent extrusion over there, nevermind a high/low profile one)
only intentionally unusable ones which are made to stir up controversy from the likes of myself who "take the bait"
and explain why they should buy new machines, or indeed shamelessly copy Sean Lennon's excellent true riving knife for such a machine.
Call me a conspiratorial, but who would make such useless junk....could it be perhaps a brand beginning with H? :unsure:

Anyway rant over about that bit, no one need reply, unless they wished.
There's far too much good stuff on the PDF to be concerned with such rubbish.

For one, I'd like to get a better look at whatever that red Pahnans thing is, powerfeed?
I've not taken the time yet to google translate some bits for myself, and can't screenshot PDF files to query things further.

All the best, sorry for the late responses.
Tom

Last edited:
Back