• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

First freeze of the year 8th October 2026

First freeze of the autumn....... I expect you had plenty of frosts in January, Feb etc.

And yes, with temperature-dependant finishes going on the teardrop, I have to keep a keen eye on the weather at the moment. We're much warmer here in East Anglia, though.
 
17 degrees outside for us at 5:00am which is definitely chilly, just drove down to the coast and it’s 21degrees, normally in winter it’s 5 degrees warmer by the ocean.
 
First freeze of the autumn....... I expect you had plenty of frosts in January, Feb etc.

And yes, with temperature-dependant finishes going on the teardrop, I have to keep a keen eye on the weather at the moment. We're much warmer here in East Anglia, though.
January and February were last year though. I believe the year starts when the harvest is complete.
 
Na we're wild swimmers.... once we were in that water for a minute it felt quite warm at 8am today at Llyn Padarn. 🏊‍♂️
 
Last edited:
Is this early for your area? We had a warm morning at 14 C.
Yes, feels a bit early to me. We’ve been here 7 years now so I don’t have a lot of data to go on though. We have quite a pronounced micro climate because we are high in the hills, but also still at the bottom of a small valley, so we can be colder than the tops as the cold air sinks and gets trapped here. The nearest weather stations forecast 3° C overnight but we could tell it was likely to freeze here by the time we went to bed last night.
 
Yes, feels a bit early to me. We’ve been here 7 years now so I don’t have a lot of data to go on though. We have quite a pronounced micro climate because we are high in the hills, but also still at the bottom of a small valley, so we can be colder than the tops as the cold air sinks and gets trapped here. The nearest weather stations forecast 3° C overnight but we could tell it was likely to freeze here by the time we went to bed last night.
We will lower the weather networks overnight, morning temps. by 5 C and it is most accurate.
 
Back
Top