• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Not seen these before

Woodster

Old Oak
Joined
Jan 26, 2017
Messages
2,558
Reaction score
1
Location
Dorset
On discount at ScrewFix if you have any butchery coming up. :text-lol:

IMG-5879.jpg


IMG-5878.jpg
 
Good grief! :lol:

But, to be fair, they do say "for use in demolition work" rather than promoting them as actual woodworking tools. So I'd sooner people splashed out £5 each for these, if it means that they don't destroy good old Sheffield made chisels, thinking of them as disposable just because they got them cheap at a boot fair.
 
That picture isn’t very informative, you could do that with the sharp end anyway.
So what is the serated bit for? I’m unsure how the chisel would help in demolition work really.
 
I should add that if you hadn't added the second photo, I'd have been oddly pleased that a current manufacturer was trying to help revive the fashion for decorative beading :lol:
 
Cabinetman":1nybpxp7 said:
That picture isn’t very informative, you could do that with the sharp end anyway.

Not if there’s not enough room to swing the hammer. ;)
 
I wonder if that serrated bit on the side is for chopping through nails and screws.
I certainly can see that it would be useful for stuff like taking down plasterboard stud walls.
 
I think its a solution looking for a problem.

I've done a fair bit of demolition, and I would never need to be that reserved. Hammer, club hammer, sledge hammer. Job done. :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:
 
I agree with Bob. I've got medium and large crow bars from mid Lid, a 5ft demolition bar and some big hammers. That deals with 90% of demolition. The other 10% falls down by itself.
 
Back
Top