• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Ronnie O'Sullivan's win

Andy Kev.

Nordic Pine
Joined
Jan 4, 2021
Messages
722
Reaction score
59
I'm sure that everybody knows that Ronnie O'Sullivan equalled Stephen Hendry's snooker championship record.

Every time the Sportsbloke of the year thing comes round, it seems to go to people who we would all struggle to remember later on - unless of course one is very keen on the sport concerned - but there are some who transcend their particular sport. I'm sure we could all trot off a list of people who have achieved some kind of greatness.

However, although not having picked up a cue for years, so I'm hardly a dedicated devotee of the game, I've always felt that snooker players don't just have to be at the top of their game to win, they have to maintain that standard for every shot over many hours. And what skill they must have to be the best!

Whenever I'm channel flicking while waiting for the next murder drama, the only thing I cannot bring myself to flick past is a frame with Ronnie O'Sullivan in it. I've felt for years that he is the consummate master of that sport and has reached a level of skill which puts him in the very top of sports types irrespective of their game. IMO he's up there with Johnny Wilkinson and JJ Williams.

Anyway, congratualations to him and here's hoping that he manages it an eighth time.
 
I agree Andy, anyone who can stay at the top of the game, whatever the game, for so long deserves all the recognition they can get. The fact that for the 23 years he has been winning “major” tournaments and not just the 7 world titles is remarkable.
I do find snooker on TV can be soporific. The commentary is low always low key. O’Sullivan is never boring and as you say can hold my attention more than any of the rest.
 
I think it's very safe to say that Ronnie is not part of the establishment and thus, will always be overlooked. He doesn't really fit in with the REDACTED BEEB, what with his more enchanted upbringing as the son of a gangster. :lol:
 
novocaine":2a133h5d said:
I think it's very safe to say that Ronnie is not part of the establishment and thus, will always be overlooked. He doesn't really fit in with the kiddy fiddling, rapey, money grubbing BEEB, what with his more enchanted upbringing as the son of a gangster. :lol:

Whoahhhh, easy on the wording there Davey boy. :eusa-hand: ;)
 
TrimTheKing":h3fph9m6 said:
novocaine":h3fph9m6 said:
I think it's very safe to say that Ronnie is not part of the establishment and thus, will always be overlooked. He doesn't really fit in with the xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx BEEB, what with his more enchanted upbringing as the son of a gangster. :lol:

Whoahhhh, easy on the wording there Davey boy. :eusa-hand: ;)

Er, you left it in, in the quote!

Edit: well I’ve x’d it out as I too think it was OTT.
 
Woodster":5kkq29lg said:
TrimTheKing":5kkq29lg said:
novocaine":5kkq29lg said:
I think it's very safe to say that Ronnie is not part of the establishment and thus, will always be overlooked. He doesn't really fit in with the kiddy fiddling, rapey, money grubbing BEEB, what with his more enchanted upbringing as the son of a gangster. :lol:

Whoahhhh, easy on the wording there Davey boy. :eusa-hand: ;)

Er, you left it in, in the quote!

not me, those words are in Marks bit now. :lol:
 
Back
Top