• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Spartan's Workshop build - Planning phase

spartan

Seedling
Joined
Aug 11, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Yesterday I spent the first of probably many hours on council planning website seeking information. Eventually found sufficient info to make a start, not too sure of fees but that may be sorted another day. Planning are currently unable to offer site/office meetings can offer telephone/skype for £30 on top of the normal pre application fee ( the amount of which I was unable to find ) so I am not sure how much pre app advice would cost or if it would be taken of the full cost.
 
Thanks 9fingers.
Help required re. site location map. Any builders who applied for PP, if you needed a site location map do you have recommendations for drawing map eg. planning portal suggestions or something you found online which might be simpler to understand?
 
spartan":2ttbjcmd said:
Thanks 9fingers.
Help required re. site location map. Any builders who applied for PP, if you needed a site location map do you have recommendations for drawing map eg. planning portal suggestions or something you found online which might be simpler to understand?

You can usually do a screen grab off the councils own website.

Bob
 
Thanks for that, did find us. Unfortunately, for here you have to outline your property with red line which would appear to be "easier" to do on the council linked site.
 
Morning Spartan

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a copy of the Land Registry plan associated with the deeds?

You can download them for a few quid.

Cheers

Dave
 
Application on temporary hold, waiting on some from clarification from council, MOT on car then return to Wales to get some more measurements to take the process further along. We don`t have internet access in Wales so the process will get a bit long winded, we usually use the library for internet but this has been closed for quite a while.
Thanks for the helpful comments.
 
Stuff sorted and dealt with, so application hopefully completed, all the necessary bits and pieces in place. I have been waiting most of the day for the bacs transfer information needed to pay for app. I wish they were this slow getting council tax of me, or is this what wfh means in reality.
 
spartan":121st8s0 said:
Thanks for that, did find us. Unfortunately, for Powys you have to outline your property with blue line which would appear to be "easier" to do on the Powys linked site.

If you have a Mac then it's Easy-Peasy...use Preview
 
Just received an "application invalid", from the council, a lot of errors eg. lack of N arrow, wrong plan, lack of annotated scale, measurements, wrong file type etc. We asked for some help/explanation what was required, received an apology email, only a few small items need correction ( at this point ), appears some of the queries were there but missed.
Hopefully upward and onward.
 
Fingers crossed it would seem that we have successfully jumped over the first hurdle, we received an email stating the council has issued the notice asking for comments from interested parties. We should know the result within 8 weeks, onward again.
 
spartan":21i4b9xq said:
Fingers crossed it would seem that we have successfully jumped over the first hurdle, we received an email stating the council has issued the notice asking for comments from interested parties. We should know the result within 8 weeks, onward again.


Those 8 weeks will whizz past. Carry on planning/drawing etc.
 
I think the planning/drawing stage could last most of the winter, working outside on the Costa del Rhadayer in the winter would require North Sea wet gear.
 
Process has moved a bit, public notice has been stapled to a fence for any interested member of the public to view, members of public are usually sitting in vehicles travelling at 50/60 mph, or faster. Notice was photographed and emailed, pulled up for not putting a date on it. We were also asked what bio-diversity we could provide eg bat boxes or bird boxes needed to amend plans, did so then we were told it didn`t really matter, possibly somebody saw how many trees we have. November 11th was given as the end of the decision making process, unless covid has a further part to play.
Notice did get a little damp quite quickly, quite difficult to read, quite wet in Wales.
More bothered about abscess and toothache than sheds at the moment.
 
I have now lost one tooth and gained 2 stitches in the gum and planning permission. I don`t know if this is specific to Wales but I have to install bio diversity provisions ( bat/bird boxes, native plants ) before the project is completed. I also cannot install outside lighting on the building. Another slight problem is Boris has me locked (up) in England and Duckford won`t let me into Wales anytime in the near future. Off to make some bat/bird boxes might do them Mikeg style solid oak with M&T joinery or more like rough sawn and big nails. Perhaps one with a 3 inch hole might attract a Red Kite or Buzzard to set up home. :lol:
 
Forgot to mention along with granting of PP. the letter contained an instruction to contact Building control/regulations along with a phone number, slight concern here that I might be heading towards trouble. Made contact by phone, 4 days later nice helpful chap said no problems, not under building control and to crack on, if there is any help you need please contact. He is doing our neighbours extension down the road ( about 600 yds away, quite close for round here ) hoping he is finished there before we start, you never know what he might say if he visits eg. might not be enough bird boxes. :lol:
 
Unfortunately no, locked out at one end and locked in at the other. We would not have bothered doing much during the winter, with age comes wisdom? Gets rather cold wet and windy in the winter. Hopefully things might improve in ....... April, May, June who knows?
 
Back
Top