Mike G
Petrified Pine
I've snapped the casting of my vice:


Is this worth welding, or is it beyond retrieval? I know how tricky welding cast iron is.
Can anyone point me to a diagram showing the correct mounting of a Record 52E, because I feel sure it should be attached to the back of the apron as well as to the underside of the bench top, and this one wasn't. I've noticed excess movement for a week or so, but coincidentally I went to replace the apron on my bench today and discovered the break.


Is this worth welding, or is it beyond retrieval? I know how tricky welding cast iron is.
Can anyone point me to a diagram showing the correct mounting of a Record 52E, because I feel sure it should be attached to the back of the apron as well as to the underside of the bench top, and this one wasn't. I've noticed excess movement for a week or so, but coincidentally I went to replace the apron on my bench today and discovered the break.

