• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Your favourite listenings......

Mike G":2wh75d28 said:
Pinch":2wh75d28 said:
Mike G":2wh75d28 said:
Ooooh, my mate's on that CD (King's College Choir). Believe it or not, he also toured with Pink Floyd after recording on Atom Heart Mother with them. He's still a professional concert singer (baritone).

That's amazing Mike! I wonder which voice is his. The whole arrangement is glorious, but then it is King's College Choir I guess. He must be quite a talented man!.......

Yep. Never mind the music, he is a decent woodworker and an excellent engineer/ metal worker.

That's always good to read. 8-)
 
I didn't know whether to post this on here or my workshop thread, but after posting some photos on my FB page of the workshop coming out of the ground, I was reminded of this by one of my former colleagues. Priceless!

[youtube]zZUJLO6lMhI[/youtube]
 
I played Keys in a band for about 15 years .. we did some simple minds , back in the day.
Before that I played Bass "Drums" in a steel band ! and taught steel band in schools !
haha .. I've been about a bit :lol:
 
This was a great favourite of mine back in the 90's.

Here's Maria McKee singing 'Show Me Heaven' live.

What a stunning voice and performance! Very cool indeed. 8-)

[youtube]fkWDel6EbNk[/youtube]

:text-bravo:
 
Another powerhouse voice from the 90's.

I sang this at a karaoke bash years ago and I made a complete ar$e of myself. :lol:

[youtube]-7N0B0IVibY[/youtube]

:text-bravo:
 
Yes... I was an Oasis fan - well, I had one of their albums. 8-)

[youtube]MvxT2fh26qE[/youtube]

:text-bravo:
 
As Christmas is fast approaching and it's already in the shops, on the telly, on the radio etc etc yawn yawn humbug...........

I'm posting up what I reckons to be the best ever Christmas song and by a superb band/lady - bless her.

Brilliant song!

:text-bravo:

[youtube]j9jbdgZidu8[/youtube]

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
 
Spot on Rich - well done that man! :eusa-clap:

I had a look for you and then thought, hmmm I haven't a clue what you look like! :eusa-doh: :lol: :lol:

Steel drum music is certainly in its own league and very clever. 8-)
 
Pinch":3a09aq3o said:
Spot on Rich - well done that man! :eusa-clap:

I had a look for you and then thought, hmmm I haven't a clue what you look like! :eusa-doh: :lol: :lol:

Steel drum music is certainly in its own league and very clever. 8-)

Well, for a start, I'm white, but dissapointingly I can't see me either :-(

I've made a few steel pans in my time too.

as for what I look like ...
this is me gathering some small twigs for the VW club camp fire :-)
me.jpg
 
Well, you look a bit of a dude there chap - bit like myself. 8-)

I used to love out-in-the-sticks camp fire weekends - cooking over them, a few beers, good company, starry night - just the job. I've been known to let out a few 'Tarzan' screams in my time :lol: We used to do proper jobs... lifting the turf about a metre diameter, dress it with nearby large stones and prepare the fire with small twigs similar to your find :lol: When all finished, we'd lay the turf back and nobody would have known we were there. Happy days 8-)
 
Pinch":2c1gqquv said:
Well, you look a bit of a dude there chap - bit like myself. 8-)

I used to love out-in-the-sticks camp fire weekends - cooking over them, a few beers, good company, starry night - just the job. I've been known to let out a few 'Tarzan' screams in my time :lol: We used to do proper jobs... lifting the turf about a metre diameter, dress it with nearby large stones and prepare the fire with small twigs similar to your find :lol: When all finished, we'd lay the turf back and nobody would have known we were there. Happy days 8-)


lol ... well .. I'm not quite normal, if that's what you mean ? :lol:

yes, this camp site is a country park and we rent the field.
The requirement is we lift the turf, and put it back when we leave :)
 
Tusses":qbcfzmzz said:
I have an EP somewhere with some of our steel 'orchestra' tracks on .. I'll have to see if I can find it, and convert it to digital ! lol

That will be very cool 8-)
 
Mrs Malc and me went to see this quartet at the local community theatre last night. They were support for Tiverton Concert Band. Lovely to see so many youngsters playing.

Anyway, back to these, La Vie en Rose. They are all very accomplished, but check out the youngster on guitar .

[youtube]rAaHflg61UQ[/youtube]
 
TrimTheKing":2zq9sthj said:
Love that Macl! :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:

Some fast fingers indeed on that kid!!! :shock:

Cheers
Mark

Honestly, watching them last night, his fingers were faster than Lewis Hamilton!
 
[youtube]CoWUYWe8AvE[/youtube]

I'm going to have me a beer now.

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
 
On my way home tonight, Beethoven's 'Pathetique' 3rd Movement came on the radio - which I'm very familiar with. I also enjoyed hearing the radio presenter talking about Beethoven after this piece, saying it is documented that when Beethoven was alive, he often visited his local tavern to read the papers whilst drinking beer & wine (I already knew this), and if a stranger approached his table, he would spit on the floor in front of them and treat them with contempt. I always knew ole Luddy was a bit of a chap, but I didn't know he often spat at his contemporary peeps. :lol: :lol:

Here's his 3rd Movement - 'Pathetique' - played by Danny Boy.

[youtube]lJpSqC86vaw[/youtube]

:text-bravo:
 
After the above on You Tube came Beethoven's 'Moonlight' 3rd Movement - another great piece!

And a wee blonde tickling those keys - spit-spit :lol:

[youtube]zucBfXpCA6s[/youtube]

Beautifully played.

I've always thought the 3rd Movement should have been the Sonata's 1st movement instead of the famous piece we are all familiar with - then followed by the famous piece. But what do I know and if confronted Luddy, he would have probably spat at me. :lol:

:text-bravo:

And here is the lady above playing Moonlight #1.

[youtube]UHd8jwXBzXE[/youtube]

Just lovely.
 
Pinch":3q25unk9 said:
And here is the lady above playing Moonlight #1.

[youtube]UHd8jwXBzXE[/youtube]

Just lovely.

Yes very nice, I like the piano played soft.

Mark
 
Figured how to import a Utube link.

It's the same old song!

[youtube]uS2nWLz-AbE[/youtube]



Mark
 
Very good Mark - I don't mind a bit of Northern Soul.

I think I made a bit of a joke about this one somewhere on the forum a while back - If I Were A Carpenter.

All those old Cortina Mk2's and other old motors in the vid - lovely. 8-)

[youtube]CXX36b_mlMo[/youtube]
 
This is what Mrs P often sings to me...... :|

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[youtube]HAKqJP6J_oo[/youtube]

:text-bravo:
 
Who has the range out of these four legends? I know who I think.

I got very excited when I first noticed this title... thinking these guys were on the same stage at the same time, but NO!! :twisted:

[youtube]HcMkeUX9frk[/youtube]
 
Here's my best version of 'My Way' :lol:

Go Johnny go....... :|

[youtube]WIXg9KUiy00[/youtube]
 
More Frank...... :obscene-drinkingcheers:


[youtube]mQR0bXO_yI8[/youtube]



:text-bravo:
 
Yo Paul, If I were a Carpenter got right into my soul in the 60s, and the original by Tim Hardin is soulful.

Just listen to that 12 string picking.

[youtube]2RrRajjlo6M[/youtube]
 
A wonderful version of Schubert's 'Ave Maria' vocally performed by Andrea Bocelli in what looks like the Colosseum, Rome.

[youtube]pwp1CH5R-w4[/youtube]

Very cool

8-)
 
As far as the great old composer's requiems go, Gabriel Faure's is up there.

Here's a snippet (used in the last episode of Morse - The R - something - can't remember on tip of tongue) and then all of it - a bit long but worth the listen.

[youtube]6-i1ESIRKdA[/youtube]

[youtube]UnilUPXmipM[/youtube]
 
Back
Top