• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Your favourite listenings......

Or a bit of classic Stones anyone? That female lead singer is sensational. [youtube]8kl6q_9qZOs[/youtube]
 
I came late to Gracelands, but I've come to really appreciate it.


I've put this one up if for nothing else the sheer exuberant dancing of Ladysmith Black Mambazo!

[youtube]aAhHGYrzj2M[/youtube]
 
Gracelands one of just a few of my LPs that I digitized. Great stuff.

On the subject of coming late to artists / albums I had never heard of Johnny Winter until I happened upon BBC guiter heroes on Yesterday last night.

The guitar solo towards the end is worth the wait

[youtube]wQPlU5q1CBI[/youtube]
 
Blimey! I haven't seen him since the 70s!

Was he albino? Did he have a brother called Edgar?
 
Just rediscovered this and can’t stop playing it.

[youtube]pVHKp6ffURY[/youtube]
 
Couldn't stop smiling while watching this.
:D
[youtube]fpFhEp9RUJA[/youtube]
 
Andyp":1hvzsxza said:
This will wake you up

Red Hot Chilli Pipers.

[youtube]CpSgveTDtso[/youtube]


Bit spoilt by someone treading on all those cats tails :twisted:
 
How's your Spanish?

[youtube]s4032gBpv2Y[/youtube]

Give it at least a minute. There's something rather important that happens.....
 
Mike G":2v7lwd3t said:
How's your Spanish?

[youtube]s4032gBpv2Y[/youtube]

Give at least a minute. There's something rather important that happens.....

Strange noise from what looked like an owl, but entertaining nonetheless.
 
When you combine a classic jazz standard with a 70s folk singer/songwriter you get this gem, part of a new album.

Wish I could play the guitar like him.

[youtube]vbeQqteag_k[/youtube]
 
How about we restart this interesting thread while we may have a little more time online.

For today, How about some Zed Zed Top?!

[youtube]ldOCdxtKTI4[/youtube]
 
Defo not on my list of favourite listening but having watched the film with the kids a couple of nights ago the missus can't stop singing it and annoying the hell out of the rest of us.

[youtube]OcoK_i1Z2DM[/youtube]

I dare you to listen to all of it.

A good family film BTW, Music and Lyrics. Notting Hill next up , followed by an Englishman Wot went up a Hill etc etc
 
Not a thread I'm really familiar with, but since I'm self-isolating at the moment...

[youtube]jZuV6L428NA[/youtube]
 
It's good to see the old thread still going. 8-)

I woke up early this morning singing 'Mademoiselle from Armentières' so I thought I'd shove it on 'ere.

Although it was VE Day on Friday, this was a famous WW1 song.

...hinky dinky parlez vous.

[youtube]EtiynnETOlM[/youtube]
 
I'm spending a lot of evenings browsing YT and enjoying a varied range of cultural music. I've always liked Hebrew and Arabic music, plus other cultural stuff... gypsy, street bands etc.

Here are just a few goodens.... 8-)

[youtube]cxFX8fyWpTM[/youtube]

[youtube]WqawqSF4xs8[/youtube]

[youtube]QUcTsFe1PVs[/youtube]

[youtube]FnpaMm_2QYc[/youtube]

[youtube]TNHafuFbxLc[/youtube]

[youtube]73QA00odga4[/youtube]

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
 
Cheers!

I like a nice drop of Gypsy Jazz. We have a local band down here in the Deepest South West.

[youtube]Xd9kIxhswak[/youtube]
 
I listen to the epic of gilgamesh too, really is awesome. i just wish he would do the full thing all 300 verses
 
droogs":w2liq33x said:
I listen to the epic of gilgamesh too, really is awesome. i just wish he would do the full thing all 300 verses

It certainly is. I listen to it most evenings whilst pondering in thought - love it. 8-)

I stumbled across this the other evening too: Tchaikovsky's Hymn Of Cherubim.

I'm a great fan of some classical composers including Tchaikovsky, but I hadn't heard this before. Got to be in the right frame of mind of course.

[youtube]OPlK5HwFxcw[/youtube]
 
Here's a nice old classic. 8-)

This has become my going home off tour song.

Just before we leave the hotel on the last day of tour homeward bound, I stand on the step saying all the niceties down the mic, and then tell the passengers we're going to have a singalong on the way home. I give them a clue and sing a bit of the verse, changing 'West Virginia' to 'West Midlands' - they love it, and so do I. 8-)

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

:text-bravo:

[youtube]oTeUdJky9rY[/youtube]
 
You disappoint me Paul.
I am sure you could pull this one off. I am sure you have the hat for it :)

[youtube]gEPmA3USJdI[/youtube]
 
Andyp":1tljx611 said:
You disappoint me Paul.
I am sure you could pull this one off. I am sure you have the hat for it :)

[youtube]gEPmA3USJdI[/youtube]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:text-bravo:

:eusa-dance:
 
Back
Top