Biotec
Seedling
- Joined
- Sep 24, 2026
- Messages
- 12
- Reaction score
- 8
- Location
- Ocala Florida USA
- Name
- Joe
- LOCATION
- Ocala FL USA North Central Florida
I have spent my last 28 years doing mechanical engineering And building automation for control of air conditioning heating and ventilation systems.
...Over the last 50 years I've dabbled in woodworking or maybe more carpentry work building project specifically we need at the time But now it's getting closer to becoming hobby work and less about work real work. A paid job.
About 25 years ago I started collecting some of my own woodworking tools like table saw miter saw Hand tools But prior to that I had worked on and maintained a lot of woodworking tools for others And enjoy the challenge of working on machines that work nearly as old or older than I am.
In reality I didn't take a lot of pictures of stuff back then because it would have been fil and recently got into actually focusing on taking pictures of some of the work I work on in the last 15 years the reality was it was more geared toward engineering and not toward woodworking.
I also participate in number of other forums Mostly in America but they are worldwide organizations.
What I have noticed on the last number of years is lack of good constructive conversations about dust management Just collection dust extraction From the tools that we like to use.
They work in what I consider a fairly small space About 200 square feet or a 10 by 20 garage single ingress aggressive point is the garage door itself.
Single electrical outlet to work from In my particular case it's a singal 110 volts socket because that's what the garage is wired for. It's a rental garage cannot be altered or change therefore the downside is no heating and no cooling. A large floor fan garage door open and most of the tools get used out in the driveway apron.
Also in 2019 recently I received some of my father's tools that he had They have been added to my small collection.
February of this year 2026 I retired at 70 years old And now I'm making woodworking my full time hobby.
Live in north Central Florida Between Gainesville and Ocala Florida USA.
Work for a university the division I was in with agriculture.
...Over the last 50 years I've dabbled in woodworking or maybe more carpentry work building project specifically we need at the time But now it's getting closer to becoming hobby work and less about work real work. A paid job.
About 25 years ago I started collecting some of my own woodworking tools like table saw miter saw Hand tools But prior to that I had worked on and maintained a lot of woodworking tools for others And enjoy the challenge of working on machines that work nearly as old or older than I am.
In reality I didn't take a lot of pictures of stuff back then because it would have been fil and recently got into actually focusing on taking pictures of some of the work I work on in the last 15 years the reality was it was more geared toward engineering and not toward woodworking.
I also participate in number of other forums Mostly in America but they are worldwide organizations.
What I have noticed on the last number of years is lack of good constructive conversations about dust management Just collection dust extraction From the tools that we like to use.
They work in what I consider a fairly small space About 200 square feet or a 10 by 20 garage single ingress aggressive point is the garage door itself.
Single electrical outlet to work from In my particular case it's a singal 110 volts socket because that's what the garage is wired for. It's a rental garage cannot be altered or change therefore the downside is no heating and no cooling. A large floor fan garage door open and most of the tools get used out in the driveway apron.
Also in 2019 recently I received some of my father's tools that he had They have been added to my small collection.
February of this year 2026 I retired at 70 years old And now I'm making woodworking my full time hobby.
Live in north Central Florida Between Gainesville and Ocala Florida USA.
Work for a university the division I was in with agriculture.





