• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Your favourite listenings......

Sergio Racmaninov's Rhapsody on a theme of Paginini.

It's humbling to watch one of these chaps play this live.

[youtube]AAu6BRWL8p8[/youtube]
 
Had this shared by a friend on FB. Really nice performance by two consummate performers giving eachother the space to play their bit.

[youtube]8L82II1lNjo[/youtube]
 
Yep, Friday night again! :P

Volume up!

[youtube]rRgflR3xdbk[/youtube]

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

Mind you, I'm in tit shop tomorrow. :|
 
Felt like a bit of a boogie this afternoon!

[youtube]eIi_GbFa_nw[/youtube]
 
Superb! Thanks for that Malcolm.

Here's one of my favourites

[youtube]RmhcTxhDCS4[/youtube]
 
Listened to this on the way home tonight - lovely. 8-)

[youtube]EkQbzZgwfl0[/youtube]

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
 
A great one for the motorway at 4am.

[youtube]LBxk7sZriRQ[/youtube]

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
 
I haven't put this on for a while - the good ole London boys.

Brilliant.

[youtube]J51LPlP-s9o[/youtube]

Beer time.

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
 
Françoise Hardy - All Over The World (1965)

[youtube]R95FPVPz15Q[/youtube]




Heard this the other day.

Aaah, such good memories.
Was second last school year.
She could have parked her shoes under my bed any day.
Next to Sophia Loren's.
 
Some of you might not have reached spermstatus yet when these were around :lol:

Winchester Cathedral

[youtube]Wv_RfFmJ5nA[/youtube]


Georgy Girl and the Seekers

[youtube]wsIbfYEizLk[/youtube]


Daydream Believer

[youtube]nU615FaODCg[/youtube]




Phil
 
Malc2098":29vigtgt said:
Had this shared by a friend on FB. Really nice performance by two consummate performers giving eachother the space to play their bit.

[youtube]8L82II1lNjo[/youtube]

My sister bought us tickets to see EC with Steve Winwood at the Albert Hall six years ago, for my 60th birthday.

The last time I had seen EC before that was in 1966 with Cream. It was a memorable night to say the least but the highlight for me was during Steve Winwood's solo section. His performance of "Gimme Some Lovin" was just absolutely awesome (and I use that overused word advisedly). I've always been partial to a bit of Leslie'd Hammond organ and when he hit that iconic run up during the chorus, with the Leslies behind him growling and that BIG sound swirling round the auditorium the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I thought I'd gone to heaven.

Ol' EC wasn't too shabby either....
 
Nothin' like a bit of Leslie'd Hammond, I always say!!

The keyboard player with Peter Green's Splinter Group could make it wail!

[youtube]0sQiwY7LSaY[/youtube]
 
Knock, knock.

"who's there?"

'Simon'

"Simon who?"

'Garfunkel to do with you'
:lol:



On the radio the other morning while I was driving to the shops


[youtube]4G-YQA_bsOU[/youtube]
 
Wonderful song. The Fisherman's Cot pub at Bickleigh in Devon, sat by a bridge over the River Exe, has a plaque that states that the bridge was not the inspiration for the song, as said by Art Garfunkel.


BTW, anyone heard the Grenfell Tower version?
 
Pinch":2812vcb1 said:
[youtube]PYD-DIggB2k[/youtube]

Lovely.

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

Lovely. I learned the fingerpicking once. I must relearn it on my handmade guitar, when it's finished.
 
That is the only album that is in both mine and my father's collection. I remember listening to it back in the 70's and it still gets a regular airing today. The Boxer one of my favs.
 
Wel, we can still share good music, if not photos!!

If I'm teaching my GM too suck eggs, I apologise.

John Fogerty was Creedence Clearwater Revival

Apparently Fogerty hitched back home from Woodstock, then wrote this song.

[youtube]paboNoWWQvk[/youtube]

Bob Seger is known with his Silver Bullet Band. One great song of his was covered by Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton - We've got tonight.
 
^That's a nice version.

I was in a band once a long time ago with a guy who absolutely nailed Albatross. I used to do the little slide embellishments and it used to send shivers up my spine.

Speaking of Creedence Clearwater Revival. that's an interesting version of "Who'll Stop The Rain" (and I love Bob Seger too...) but I don't think anything touches the original CCR version. A deceptively simple band that were covered mercilessly back in the 70s and 80s by just about every covers band on the social club circuit ("Proud Mary" anyone?) but very few could do them justice:

[youtube]lIPan-rEQJA[/youtube]
 
Somehow, I don't think Don Felder got as much recognition as an 'Eagle' as perhaps he should. There was always friction between him and Glen Frey.


But, If you can ignore the whoops, I think this must be one of the most iconic guitar solos of all time.

[youtube]U_wQSZkiZ3g[/youtube]
 
Back
Top