selectortone
Sapling
Nicely done!
selectortone":1sewold5 said:That was great! And it brought back memories too - my Dad was an excellent jazz pianist and could play that boogie-woogie twelve-bar style. St Louis Blues was one of his many party pieces.
Malc2098":1cg6tf96 said:I suspect I might be a tiny bit older than Terry. I really do like the folky sound of the 12 string in the '60's, Roger McGuinn etc, even the Seekers and John Denver!
I might be tempted to build a 12 string Rickenbacker lookalike, but I would really like to make a 12 string acoustic. I haven't seen one in the good American kits yet.
MartinF":36p628vu said:Malc said that he was in absolute awe of what people can do with 8 fingers and two thumbs on a piano. Here’s another take on this. Sorry I can’t work out how to insert a video clip hence the YouTube link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8R0ZwYvXpg
Malc2098":3jqf0h2n said:selectortone":3jqf0h2n said:That was great! And it brought back memories too - my Dad was an excellent jazz pianist and could play that boogie-woogie twelve-bar style. St Louis Blues was one of his many party pieces.
My fave version would be the march from the Glenn Miller Story!
If anyone can find that clip from the film, I'd be obliged.
Pinch":1saj90mz said:Here's what I think is Rachmaninov's best piano concerto (#3) performed by Daniil Trifonov.
Malc2098":10ya7x3w said:Nice listenings, Phil.
I recently watched a recording of the documentary about the Tornado going for 100mph last year.
There's some nice listenings in there, too!
Pinch":2ls1w547 said:Hi Phil, thanks for posting up the Martha performance of Rach #3. I'm looking forward to watching and listening tonight.![]()
Rod":21qodr04 said:Phil the Tornado was a new build in 2008.
Rod