• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Your favourite listenings......

If you want two hours of non-stop mixed '80's music then this on iPlayer is worth a go

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b085hbx1

Luckily only a limited amount of Sara Cox.

The '80s had some great music. I was down the gym the other morning and they'd stuck on Radio 1...jeez, it went on and on and on and on with a monotonous thump..thump..thump. Rather stick my head inside a metal bucket and get someone to belt the outside. :lol:
 
Brilliant song!

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

[youtube]s_7jJ0sO0Yg[/youtube]

:text-bravo:
 
This video was made on Studland Beach, Dorset.

I told Mrs P this once as we were walking the beach - very cool indeed. 8-)

[youtube]yKNxeF4KMsY[/youtube]
 
Heard this today on Radio 2.

Timothy B Schmidt's dedication to Glen Frey

[youtube]IwW_YxGsyo8[/youtube]

Only the first 4 minutes.
 
Not seen this thread till now and just ploughed through it to make sure I don't bore anyone by putting up something that's already been done. My tastes are pretty wide. I was a bar fixture in The Hope and Anchor, Islington in the late 60's/70's so my musical upbringing was mainly pub rock and punk but my all time, abiding love and soundtrack to my life (cliche but true) has been John Martyn and I'm really surprised that he hasn't featured on here yet.

Now if someone could tell me how to link to Youtube videos I could put some links up :lol: :lol:

Paul
 
Hi Paul,

I think......and I'm sure someone will correct it......when you post a post, there will be a line of boxed commands above the text input box. The furtherst right one has 'youtube' on it.

If you click on it, the following will be displayed at the insertion point. "[youtube][/youtube]"

If you have your youtube track in another tab, go there and look at the url, there will be an alphanumeric code on the right end of it preceded by an equals sign "=".

Copy everything to the right of the equals sign and paste it in between the middle square brackets that you previously created. e.g "[youtube]abd123def456[youtube]"

I think.....that's how it works.
 
Malc2098":336wu0jq said:
Hi Paul,

I think......and I'm sure someone will correct it......when you post a post, there will be a line of boxed commands above the text input box. The furtherst right one has 'youtube' on it.

If you click on it, the following will be displayed at the insertion point. "[youtube][/youtube]"

If you have your youtube track in another tab, go there and look at the url, there will be an alphanumeric code on the right end of it preceded by an equals sign "=".

Copy everything to the right of the equals sign and paste it in between the middle square brackets that you previously created. e.g "[youtube]abd123def456[youtube]"

I think.....that's how it works.

Spot on Malcolm!

Cheers
Bob
 
Thanks guys. I did have a fiddle with that but didn't have the vital info about exactly what to paste in. Here goes :eusa-pray:

John Martyn - a lovable, hell-raising maniac who managed to write and perform some of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. They're all my favourites - but this is my most favourite :eusa-shhh:

[youtube]a_zxphApcrY[/youtube]

(It worked - :obscene-drinkingcheers: )

I've always been partial to blues guitar as well and just lately been listening to this little lady. Apart from the obvious attractions she really rocks!

[youtube]GL9rBAjut2g[/youtube]

Here's another just for the hell of it 8-)

[youtube]Bc7wPH-sbGg[/youtube]

Hope you enjoy them.

Paul
 
Right at the beginning of this thread someone mentioned the famous Jimi Hendrix on the Lulu Show video. For some reason it gets deleted off Youtube at odd times. But it's back up now!

A pal of mine worked in the BBC kitchens at the time this happened and told me about it. Hilarious!

[youtube]yzBqdndyIZQ[/youtube]
 
She certainly puts her heart and soul into it Malcolm. I found her by accident while checking out Joanne Shaw Taylor (who, while good, I feel is a bit formulaic and predictable). I love in the second video where she's singing and re-tuning her guitar (round about 2.30) - doesn't miss a beat!
 
The weather was kind to day. Doris hadn't been to unkind yesterday, so I spent the day laying one of the last three leaves of skinny blocks for my workshop plinth.

I had my phone and bluetooth speaker out there, but got cross with Jeremy Vine, so looked in my playlists.

I found British Light Classical and the first one was this track.

Now this will only appeal to those of certain age, but these tunes were composed with a rhythm to help workers maintain a rhythm and time in the factories during and after the war in order to increase output. This was on the BBC Light Programme every morning in our house during the 50s.

I didn't increase output today, but i finished earlier! :D

[youtube]w1FIoNwfBQk[/youtube]

And I've got a 4 CD set of all these, and BBC Radio theme tunes!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_While_You_Work
 
Nice music.
Feel those vibrations and movement as you wrap your hands around her waist .................... 8-)


[youtube]qYZKT1BpQpY[/youtube]




{Edit- spelling, spelling!!!!!!!}
 
This hits home in more ways than one! ;)

[youtube]UeSSxIJGkPQ[/youtube]

:text-bravo:
 
Priceless! :lol:

Loves it.

[youtube]JzCMbulnXMg[/youtube]

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
 
Pinch":2xlbksjq said:
This hits home in more ways than one! ;)

[youtube]UeSSxIJGkPQ[/youtube]

:text-bravo:


:text-+1:

I have the LP somewhere in a cupboard. 8-)

One day I WILL find time to record all the LP's to disk. :lol:
 
Phil, if you do ever find the time I use Audacity. It is worth while getting used to it as it is possible to filter out scratches. The only truly annoying part is having to stop every 20 or so minutes to turn the LP over. How on earth did we ever manage before digital music players. :D
 
Andyp":2awofo7g said:
Phil, if you do ever find the time I use Audacity. It is worth while getting used to it as it is possible to filter out scratches. The only truly annoying part is having to stop every 20 or so minutes to turn the LP over. How on earth did we ever manage before digital music players. :D

Thanks Andy, I will have a look at it.
The part about getting rid of scratches is appealing.

I have an Ion turntable which came with EZAudioConverter which has some Apple link as it keeps on wanting to update the Apple software.
 
Phil":3ke8t5ma said:
Andyp":3ke8t5ma said:
Phil, if you do ever find the time I use Audacity. It is worth while getting used to it as it is possible to filter out scratches. The only truly annoying part is having to stop every 20 or so minutes to turn the LP over. How on earth did we ever manage before digital music players. :D

Thanks Andy, I will have a look at it.
The part about getting rid of scratches is appealing.

I have an Ion turntable which came with EZAudioConverter which has some Apple link as it keeps on wanting to update the Apple software.

I think "filter out" might have been misleading. What you actually do is zoom in to the sound file and delete the peak which corresponds to the noise a scratch makes. Time consuming if there are a lot of scratches but worth while.
 
[emoji3][emoji3]
I've got 4K of LPs, I started digitising them but gave up as it was a mammoth task. In the end bought CD's of my favourites especially when they were on special offer.
I've got 8Mb of them on a flash stick that I play in my car ( when allowed)
I've sold off most of my valve gear but still kept my Linn Sondek and a modern thermionic valve system. Sounds awesome.

Rod
 
I can recommend Audacity, too, for digital audio stuff.

Linn Sondek!! I couldn't afford one of them in the late 70s/80s. I ended up with an NAD system with a Rotel turntable.
 
IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT - YIPEE!

Liberty Bell March.

:eusa-dance: In the groove!

Volume up please!

[youtube]rRgflR3xdbk[/youtube]


:obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

:text-bravo: :text-bravo:

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

:eusa-shifty: :eusa-shifty: :eusa-shifty:

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

8-) 8-) 8-)

Hip-hip..........
 
Back
Top